International Bible Forum 2006
Examining the Bible, Now
This year Japan Bible Society will be hosting the first-ever "International Bible Forum" in Tokyo. The event will attempt to revisit the Bible from diverse perspectives and to attract people in the areas of translation, history, interpretation and everything surrounding the Word of God.
Dates: May 3-5,2006
5/3(Wed) 12:30-18:30, 5/4(Thur) 10:00-18:00, 5/5(Fri) 10:00-18:30
5/3(Wed) Reception 19:00-20:30(Admission Fee required, 10,000yen, with dinner)
5/5(Fri) Symposium 16:30-18:30
Place : Hotel New Otani, The Main B1 Orizuru, Tokyo, Japan
Advance ticket: 3-day ticket 5,000yen, 1-day ticket 2,000yen, Student 1-day ticket; 1,000yen
Ticket sold on site:1-day ticket 2,500yen, Student 1-day ticket 1,200yen
*Advance booking of the seminars required.
After buying the tickets please send the Lectures Reservation Form by Fax or Mail.
Lectures ...29 lectures by 23 lecturers
Lecturers From Abroad
- Emanuel Tov (Professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Editor-in-Chief of the Dead See Scrolls Publication)
- Adrian Schenker(Professor Emeritus at University of Fribourg and President of the Editorial Committee of Biblia Hebraica Quinta)
- Klaus Wachtel (Research Associate at the Institute for New Testament Textual Research, University of Munster Project manager of "Nestle-Aland 28th edition"[Digital Nestle-Alant] )
- John Dominic Crossan (Professor Emeritus of Religious Studies, DePaul University)
- James M. Robinson (Professor Emeritus of Religion, Claremont Graduate University)
- Lourens De Vries (Professor of Bible Translation, the Free University of Amsterdam)
UBS Translation Officers
- Daud Soesilo (UBS Asia Pacific Area Translations Coordinator)
- Young Jin Min (General Secretary of Korean Bible Society)
- Yu Suee Yan (UBS Translation Consultant,Asia-Pacific Area)
*All lectures by foreign lecturers will be in English with Japanese translation.
- Takashi Onuki (Professor at Tokyo University)
- Tsuneaki Kato (Presidency of Sekkyo-Juku)
- Daijiro Kawashima (Visiting Researcher at Christianity and Cultures Research Institute, Kanto Gakuin University)
- Teruo Kuribayashi (Professor at Kansai-Gakuin University)
- Norihisa Suzuki (Professor Emeritus at Rikkyo University)
- Yoshihide Suzuki (Professor of Humanities at Niigata University)
- Akio Tsukimoto (Professor at Rikkyo University)
- Shigeo Hashimoto (Professor at Doshisya University)
- Masahide Haresaku(Parish Priest at Koenji Catholic Church)
- Toshiyuki Machida (Head of Bible & Art Ministries)
- Alexis Yasuhiro Matsudaira (Archpriest of Japanese Orthodox Church in Sapporo)
- Shuji Miyazaki (lecturer at Rikkyo University)
- Makoto Yamauchi (President of Tokyo Union Theological Seminary)
- Kazuko Watanabe (Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Notre Dame Seshin School Corporation)
*All lectures by Japanese lecturers will be in Japanese. No English translations provided.
From Original Texts to Modern Translation: How to Get the Bible Across to the Modern Society
*Symposium will be in English with Japanese translation.
TEL:(+81)3-3567-0385 Fax:(+81) 03-3567-4451